22 dic 2008

Reflections from Jail

And there he was. Sitting alone against the wall, wanting a cigarette more than anything he ever wanted.

Nothing to do but wait.
Nowhere to go.

The wall.

It wasn't just another wall...
it was The Wall.

That wall was special. There were sentences carved on it. There were THOUGHTS carved on it. And there was nothing in that small stinky cell to carve with.

The sentences on the wall changed every now and then, without asking for permission, without a fixed pattern... without caring about you.

By that time, the man opened his bleary eyes and looked in front of him.
He began to read.
He thought he was getting mad.
But he went on reading...
some of the things carved on the wall were:

The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.
Fair is foul, and foul is fair:
Hover through the fog and filthy air.

On A lOnG EnOUgH tiMe LinE, ThE suRvIvAL rAte foR evErYOne dRopS TO zer0.

How I wish... how I wish you were here.
YOU,
YES, YOU:
FUCK ME.

...AS HARD AS YOU CAN.
Bestrafe mich
Bestrafe mich
Stroh wird Gold
Und Gold wird Stein
Deine Größe macht mich klein
Du darfst mein Bestrafer sein


I felt a funeral in my brain,
And mourners, to and fro,
Kept treading, treading, till it seemed
That sense was breaking through.

And when they all were seated,
A service like a drum
Kept beating, beating, till I thought
My mind was going numb

And then I heard them lift a box,
And creak across my soul
With those same boots of lead, again.
Then space began to toll

As all the heavens were a bell,
And being, but an ear,
And I and Silence some strange Race
Wrecked, solitary, here.

And then a Plank in Reason, broke,
And I dropped down, and down -
And hit a World, at every plunge,
And Finished knowing - then -





4 comentarios:

Y me pinto el pelo con rotulador dijo...

Ey! No vale escribir en inglispitinglis que no me entero!! Ademas tampoco me habia enterado de que te habias hecho un blog!!

Grrrr

Jokin dijo...

Far away, in that old creepy bar with stained tables, the conversation went on between the youngster with the University jacket and the aged hobo who played with his strange-looking deck of cards.

- And how was then that you became blind?
- Had quite some luck. Stared at a Wall, y'know. Could've been worse...

The young outsider thought: "This locals are funny in the head for real!"
- A wall? A plain regular wall?
- Yes. But no. Not quite...
- But how could it be worse?

Guided by the echo of his words, like a bat in flight, the blind man turn his milky gaze to him, and gently put another card in the table.
- The asylum, boy, is a place for the brave. The people who dare to make the same I did usually become mad.

The freshman did not laugh this time.

Jokin dijo...

Perdón por la tardanza en el comentario, tenía la idea en la cabeza pero no sabía cómo plasmarla :)

It seems like I have made my own PC (Player Character) for the play in "Babylon's Shack". Kind regards, and see you soon.

jimbo dijo...

It's a nice PC, thanks for your comment, Jox.
See you out there, man.